What is Microscopic Root Canal Treatment?
Root canal treatment at Granville is a process of repairing or saving a tooth that is severely decayed or infected. It is a procedure where the infected or inflamed pulp tissue is removed from within the tooth. It is done by removing the pulp and nerves and then cleaning the tooth after which the tooth is sealed.
Microscopic Root Canal Treatment is a process/part of root canal treatment that saves the tooth that is damaged and the bone returns to normal.
What Problems Are Solved By The Microscopic Root Canal Treatment?
There are generally four problems mainly solved by Microscopic Root Canal Therapy:
- When the tooth suffers from cavities or deep tooth decaying.
- When a tooth is cracked.
- When a dental injury is caused due to trauma.
- Elective, i.e., when there is a need for adding retention of a crown.
The Procedure for Microscopic Root canal treatment Granville:
- Tooth Preparation:
- After extraction of a tooth, teeth are cleaned.
- Using water laser columnar cavities are prepared.
- The water laser is set, i.e., the depth, air supply, water supply, and length are set.
- Then the head of the water laser is fixed on the working table.
- The cavities are prepared using a computer-assisted manufacture milling machine.
- Then a scanning image of the root dentin preparation is shown in the microscope.
- MTA Fillings:
- By using ProRoot MTA (Dentsply) and Dovgan MTA carrier (Quality Aspirators), one experienced operator, all cavities are filled.
- The conditions for operators are set, and at last the distance between the specimens and eyes is 450mm.
- Confocal laser scanning microscopy:
- All the specimens are stored for a week in distilled water after the MTA filling/ cement hardens.
- With the help of a confocal laser scanning microscope, each specimen is observed to get 3D surface measurements for evaluating the marginal adaptation.
- Dye Penetration Test:
- Based on the depth of the dye penetration, marginal leakage is evaluated.
- Using 2% methylene blue, the specimens are subjected to the dye leakage test for 2 hours.
- Using formic acid, the specimens are then decalcified and then sectioned for dye penetration measurement.
- Statistical Analysis:
- Then by using a one-way analysis of variance at a 5% significance level, the results were analyzed statistically.
- Then, by following the root canal treatment procedure using a surgical microscope, the tooth is sealed, and the treatment ends.
Advantages of Microscopic Root Canal Treatment
- The treatment helps the dentist to design an effective treatment plan by enabling him to diagnose the entire dental conditions.
- It enables the dentist to discover all the root canal with the help of coaxial illumination that illuminates the exact problem area.
- With the help of 25-fold magnification, it increases the success rate of the procedure and provides a long-lasting result.
It is always advisable to first consult a dentist if you are facing any issues related to your teeth. After listening to your problems, the dentist will advise if you should go for a normal Root canal treatment in Granville or a microscopic one.